top of page

USA Student Advisory TESL Certification FAQ

Here are some frequently asked questions about our service, if your question is not listed, please feel free to contact us for more information. Contact Us

  • Do I need to have teaching experience to enroll in the course?
    You do not need any teaching experience to enroll in the TESL & TEFL program. The Programs are designed to instruct students of all levels to be effective English language teachers. Students with and without teaching experience can benefit from the course to gain further credentials and qualifications to be an English language teachers worldwide
  • Are the TESL & TEFL programs accredited?
    USA Student Advisory TESL / ESP / TEYL programs are accredited through the Innovation and Technical Services Foundation and registered through the American Embassy Consulate. Many programs claim accredited certificates but don't tell you that your certification cannot be used legally internationally unless you register the certificate through the country's government that you are planning to teach. The service is included in your certificate course. We recommend that you bring or send a notarized copy of your university degree, which must be registered and can be done simultaneously, for more information on certification and credibility. You can contact our USA Student Advisory to speak with a representative.
  • How long does it take to complete this course?
    The time it will take you to complete the course depends on how quickly you can work through the material since it is designed to be studied at your own pace. Most students finish the certificate program in 2-4 weeks and the In-country program in 2 to 3 weeks. Students have one year to complete the course.
  • How will I receive my certificate?
    Upon completing the course, Your certificate will be emailed to you using your account email in PDF format when you have successfully passed your examination. You can, however, request a mailed copy to your home address for an additional fee due to the high cost of international and local mail services. We no longer provide that service for free and decided it was unnecessary.
  • Do you check my level of English fluency?
    We do not assess your level of English fluency before enrolling in the program. Your level of English fluency will show through the quality of your assignments, and you will have difficulty passing courses if you are not fluent in English. However, please note that different English teaching positions require varying levels of English fluency. Such as, a high command of the English language will be required to obtain a job position. We encourage everyone interested in a teaching career to take the course; however, note that each employer will have their requirements of English fluency for a teaching position and may check your level of fluency as a part of the interview process.
  • Is the TESL / EFL certificate recognized internationally?
    Yes, our certification is registered through the American Embassy Consulate so that your certificate can be used internationally, and we provide this service for no additional fee.
  • What are the differences between TESOL / TEFL / TESL / CELTA?
    Essentially, these are all ESL/EFL teaching qualifications and are usually interchangeable as qualifications. Most positions ask for those qualifications, while some employers may be more specific about which qualification they seek. (Example) TESOL is the prevalent version of qualification in Canada.
  • Why do TESOL Certificate programs vary so much in price?
    USA Student Advisory offers an online TESL / ESP / TEYL program and an in-class TESL / IELTS program. The in-class TESL / IELTS program is much more expensive than the online one. Similarly, other institutes price their TESL programs at different levels. The online program is priced very competitively to make it affordable for anyone seeking an English teaching career to obtain their qualification and embark on this exciting journey.
  • Does USA Student Advisory notarize or authenticate/legalize/Apostille the Certificate?
    USA Student Advisory is pleased to offer notarization services for certificates and registration. Don't hesitate to contact us for more information about getting your certificate/diploma notarized and authenticated. You can book a free online appointment to speak with a representative or email us, and we will get back to you immediately.
bottom of page